We are officially in the new space downtown at 100 N Stone, Suite 110! The space does not come without needs, though, to transform it into the physical and social space best suited to grow our community initiatives and provide a collaborative work environment.
We need your help to make that transformation possible. The following is the list of needs for the new space, and if you, your business, or someone you know has the ability to provide the materials or labor listed, please contact our director Aaron Eden at email@example.com to discuss how we can work together. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Painting (fulfilled) Paint (fulfilled) Internet Networking (fulfilled) Wireless Routers (fulfilled)
Before May 13
Projector Screens & Wall Hangings (labor)
- Stackable Chairs
Garbage & Recycle Bins
Before May 22
- Renovation of Cubicles (labor)
- Floor Installation (labor & materials)
- Security / Badge System (labor & materials)
- Kitchen Sink & Counter Top (labor & materials)
Espresso Machine & Supplies
- Plaques (labor & materials)
- Signage (labor & materials)
Here are the notes from our last 4/12 Standup Meeting on the move downtown to 100 N. Stone Ave:
Lease and Keys
- Aaron will have keys and lease agreement in the early part of the week of April 15th
- Once the lease agreement is signed, the move will take place on Saturday, April 20th
Carpet and Paint
- Discussion was held on renovations that need to take place before the April 20th move
- Carpets may not have not been cleaned since last tenant. Robin has scheduled a commercial cleaner to come in and see if carpet needs to be replaced.
- Aaron met with Holualoa April 9. They are adding approval of modifications to the lease. They are also going to look if they have carpet squares that are used in other parts of the building.
- Paint will be needed for the new space
- Ben and Robin are discussing options with Cox
- Aaron is seeking out Wifi routers
- Paul is coordinating with Jacob and Chad about the moving truck and logistics calculated in their moving plan
- Aaron is contacting current Anchors to box up their personal items
- Aaron is reaching out to volunteers for the take down of the desks and the physical move downtown
- Details of the assistance needed will be forthcoming
Our upcoming downtown Tucson move was recently featured in Inside Tucson Business. Please take a few minutes to read it, comment and share!
As always here are our standup meeting notes. We host our standup meetings every other Friday at 10am. Come join in the fun on 3/1/13 @ 10am.
- Aaron & Tank – Keep promoting standups – Completed
- Ben Reynwar – See if we can get some chairs / whiteboards from county surplus. – Need an update from Ben
- Jacob Kaliszewski – See if we can get some chairs / whiteboards from UofA surplus. – Need an update from Jacob
- Roger – Setup google voice # for GPT - Created
- Bob – Finish inventory of Intuit donated computers. – Need an update from Bob
- Chad Lehrman – Identify ideal time of day for moving. - Need an update from Chad
- Aaron – Send Chance our downtown proposal. – Completed
- Chance Agrello – Send Aaron downtown parking map. - Completed
- Dan Janes – Talk to Desert Angels about low interest loan to get us downtown sooner. – Need an update from Dan
- Aaron – Talk to Holualoa about giving us a lower cost ramp up. - Completed (waiting on return call from Stan)
- Met with Imagine Greater Tucson about partnership. They will be hosting 2 upcoming brownbags.
- Met with LeadLocal about partnership, a lean startup event for Tucson Non-profits. They also provided me with a connection to the community outreach person from Cox so I can contact them about providing internet for us downtown.
- Met with Sean from Bookmans. They have re-keyed the storage door so your front door key will now open the storage closet. We also discussed the existing contract and he noted that if we were not able to provide a 60 day notice for moving it won’t be a problem as it saves Bookmans money. They would also like for Bookmans to remain involved going forward. He is going to forward our downtown proposal to the mayor who is a personal friend of his.
- Lean Launchpad coming soon – We have 2 volunteers helping to plan / setup for the next Lean Launchpad. We are targeting early March for the event to begin. You’ll see more on the blog / facebook / twitter soon.
- Gangplank Visioning date / time – I still have not been able to lock down a date for this event. If I’m waiting on you to respond, please do so SOON.
- Thomas Smallwood is going to be hosting an IOS development class soon. More details as I have them.
- We are running thin on brownbag speakers and need to book out brownbags for Feb / Mar. Please submit your ideas to http://gptucsonbb.uservoice.com
- I am working on scheduling a meeting with Chris Kaselemis (City of Tucson Economic Development) to share our proposal with him.
- I am waiting on Andrew Greenhill to connect me with City of Tucson IT director. If you know him, please connect me.
- We have a few grant opportunities – Who can help us apply for them?
- Talked with Holualoa and things are looking positive for them to give us a lower cost ramp-up time. Possible a few months free and the remainder at the agreed upon reduced rate. This may buy us some time to get the City / County on-board.
- On Tuesday the first real estate hunter training had about 17-18 people attend. It went really well and he also has a couple of folks coming in regularly.
- Would like another espresso machine in the new space.
- He will be doing level 3 investor training next Tuesday and expects 40-50 people here. Would like someone to talk about GP on Tuesday at the beginning of his meeting.
- Got Google Voice number setup for Gangplank Tucson. He is looking for volunteers to connect their phones to this new number.
- We had 2 new drop-ins yesterday and Scott & Roger welcomed them.
Robin Breault & Brooke McDonald
- Attended Startup Tucson: Startup Drinks. Made good connections.
- First stand-up so they didn’t have an other updates.
- Working on creating video promotion.
- He put together a blog post to solicit more interest in sharing perspectives about Gangplank. If you would like your ideas to be included in the video promotion, please talk to Paul.
- Robin – Taking a look at U of A Auctions which take place Monday.
- Aaron to send Grant details to Paul to pass to Stephanie & LeadLocal
- Roger to submit Evernote brownbag idea to uservoice.
- Elliott to submit “Favorite apps for smartphones” idea to uservoice
- Elliott to contact Kristy Droux about speaking on “Raising capital / taking companies public, etc.”
- Aaron to setup his IpPhone to forward.
- Robin will be submitting a blog post that showcases their new LeadLocal business.
- Paul - Going to Startup Tucson meeting next Tuesday to get more insights and perspectives from Gangplankers.
Have you seen the vision that Imagine Greater Tucson has worked with the community to put together? They have brought together thousands of Tucsonans to create a collaborative vision for what we would like our community to look like as we get closer to crossing the 1 million citizen mark in the next few years!
The work they have done is directly aligned to Gangplank’s mission as they have identified very specific problems and gaps between where we are and where we want to be. We are hopeful that we can leverage the diverse knowledge and passion of Gangplankers to solve these big and important problems for our community.
To get the ball rolling IGT leadership will be hosting 2 brownbag lunches on 3/1/13 and 3/8/13. They will give us an overview of what IGT is all about and what they’ve accomplished to date as well as a separate deep-dive into how they are looking to pull the community together again to begin trying to solve specific problems of accessibility (transportation) in Tucson.
Don’t miss our upcoming Real Estate: Capital Funding course on 2/19/2013 at 7pm. The course is hosted by Elliott Kelly (he also authored the post below).
For eight years, TucsonInvestors.com has met on Fridays to create investors from scratch. The philosophy is teach anyone willing to learn and do it for free. Don’t try and sell them anything, just make it possible for them to break out of the 9-5 grind asap. I was handed the baton about six years ago, and I’ve run it ever since.
In an effort to keep our transparency levels as high as possible we will do our best to continue to post the latest on all things Gangplank here. If there is anything you’d like to learn more about or might be able to help with please post in to comments or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
For this meeting we decided to all meet at the potential new downtown location on 100 N. Stone Ave.