17 East Pennington Street
- Are you creative?
- Got a great idea?
- Like to try new things?
- Want to be an entrepreneur?
- Are you in or entering 6-8 grade (or the a parent of someone who is)?
Register now for the best weekend of your life!
Join Startup Tucson for School of Startup! and start to live the life of a young entrepreneur. You’ll pitch ideas, form teams, and work to develop a prototype, demo, or presentation by Sunday afternoon. It’s a fun frenzy of learning to innovate, create business models, and learn about things like market validation and cost structures. The weekend finale is new venture presentations for friends and family.
Questions? We have Answers!
- August 10-11th at Gangplank Tucson, 100 N. Stone, Suite 110
- Limited to 32 students
- Runs from 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM on Saturday and 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Sunday
- Before coming, students will be asked to think about problems that they see that could be solved with a business.
- Saturday (Day 1) we take students through exercises to help better understand the problem; develop teams; pitch ideas for solutions; and then interact with the prospective customers, collect data from them, and try to see what they can learn from those interviews.
- Sunday (Day 2) they will review the data, build a small prototype, and work on preparing a final presentation of what they learned from their customers and where their proposal stands afterwards. Finally, they will present all of that to an audience of guests and judges for feedback and celebration of their work.
- Parents or guardians should try to attend from 4:00-5:30 on Saturday and 2:00-4:00 on Sunday.
- Cost for the weekend is $49 and includes lunch both days.