This is an email we just sent out to the participants of Startup Weekend Tucson. Lots of good info so I thought we should post it here too.
Hope you’re all as excited as we are about Startup Weekend Tucson tomorrow tonight!
Are you asking yourself, what should I do right now?
- First, stop what you are doing and read the “First Timer FAQ” page. It describes generally what to expect, what to bring and how to prepare before you arrive.
- Visit StartupTucson.com and setup an account. We will be holding the voting using a system on the website, so you will need to be signed up to vote!
Here are some additional important details for you:
- Doors open Friday night at 5:00. The location is Gangplank Tucson (@GangplankTucon). GPT is located at 5120 South Julian Drive, Tucson, AZ.
- Join us for networking from 5-6PM. Food provided by Chick-fil-a El Con (@CFAElCon) will be serverd by 6PM. Fuil agenda details for the weekend are here.
- The introductions and speakers start just after 6PM, and pitches (start at roughly 7:30 PM).
- We will explain how the pitching process works, but here are a few key points:
- Pitches are 60 seconds. We will be strict on this.
- You may have just one chance to pitch, depending on how many people want to pitch. So – pitch your best idea first.
- No PowerPoints will be used – just your voice.
- Gangplank Tucson will remain open until 11PM Friday and Saturday night. After that, you are on your own.
- If you are a student, remember to bring your student ID.
- If you are interested in working with the Lean Startup methodology over the weekend, please consider taking a look at LeanCanvas.com. You can read more about it here. Scroll to the bottom for a code for free registration.
Remember to be sure to visit StartupTucson.com and create your account!
You can see more about SWTucson here:
http://tucson.startupweekend.org (includes weekend agenda details and ways to attend)
http://startupweekend.org/firsttimer/ (FAQ for event)
If you have 15 minutes, here’s a well done documentary on Startup Weekend Baltimore:
That’s it! If you have any questions, e-mail Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will get back to you as soon as we can.
See you Friday night! Get pumped!